Top 10 Google play console all basic details Step by step 2022 – How to update app on google play store 2022
1. Now are You Ready for The Google Play Store?
If you’re ready to publish, you should take a look at the Google Play guide to making high-quality apps. Make sure that your app or game meets core app quality standards and you’ll reduce any friction in later parts of the publishing process.
If you feel like that you aren’t ready with your mobile app, talk to our experts to get help with that.
2. Target the Right Audience in play console
It’s important to get your app or game into the hands of your desired audience. One way to do this is to assign a content rating to your Google Play application. If you’ve made a game for young learners, you can set the maturity of your app or game to “Everyone”. If you’ve created a first-person shooter that guides the player through a Silent Hill-esque world, then you’ll want to put a “High Maturity” rating on your game.
Download Felgo Now & You Can Create and Publish Your Own Apps on Google Play! Free Download
3. Where in the World Are Your Users?
When you’re uploading a game or app to the Play Store, you need to consider early on if you’re going to distribute internationally or even worldwide. It might not seem like a high priority but you should decide early on because where you choose to distribute can have some knock-on effects:
You might need localized resources.
You’ll have to write a localized app description.
There may be different legal requirements depending on the territory you target.
You can adapt your app for timezone changes, different currencies, etc,.
Thankfully, there’s a great localization checklist for publishing on Google Play.
4. Gather Relevant Materials for Android Publishing 2022
There are a few things you’ll need to have organized before you begin publishing your app. It will make your life a lot easier to gather all of these materials before you start with the nitty-gritty parts of preparing to publish on Google Play.
Get Your Cryptographic Keys
A cryptographic key allows you to provide a digital signature that authenticates your app or game. These keys identify you as an app author and are required for Android publishing. There are a number of ways to generate these keys, which you can find out about here.
It’s very important to keep your cryptographic keys secure. You need to make sure no one can access these keys and compromise your user’s security. Keeping these keys secure is relatively easy if you follow these steps:
- Use a strong password for your keystore and keys
- Don’t allow anyone else to access your key or know your keystore and key passwords
- Keep your keystore file in a secure place.
- Get beautiful apps from experts. We are your partner to develop modern tailored apps for iOS & Android. GET A FREE ESTIMATE
- Design Your Application Icon
- Your app’s icon is the very first thing that your potential users will judge you by. People judge books by their covers every day. And while it’s not an effective practice, people will continue to do it because it’s easy and saves time. So make sure they judge your app or game as being valuable and worthy of a download.
When it comes to designing your icon, simplicity is key. Here are a few rules that will help you to design a great icon.
- Avoid using words
- Choose one visual element
- Use the correct format and size
- Be creative
- Don’t be afraid to get creative and make something that will stand out from the crowd. There are some rules of thumb to follow but that doesn’t mean you can’t think outside the box too.
5. Plan Your Monetization Strategy
Most developers will plan to make some money back on the apps and games they release. There are a few basic decisions to make about your monetization strategy before publishing on Google Play.
The first decision is whether your app or game will be paid or free. If you decide to take the paid option, you can still change your mind later and make your app or game free (but never change it back). However if you publish your app or game for free, it must always remain free.
With both options, you can take advantage of In-app Billing services to monetize your app or game by providing in-app purchases or subscriptions. Luckily, there is a cross-platform in-app purchase plugin available from Felgo that you can use on both Google Play and the iTunes Store, without changing a single line of code.
If you’re going to go the paid app or game route, it’s important to consider the following:
- Selling apps in multiple currencies
- Prices and supported currencies
- Transaction fees
- Specifying tax rates
- It’s important to know ahead of time how much you’re going to charge for your app and if there’ll be price differences between different countries.
6. Prepare the Technical Side of Things for Publishing on Google Play
Once you’ve gathered all of the necessary materials together and made some basic decisions, it’s time to prepare your app for release. There are a few things you need to ensure before your app or game is ready to be published.
Pick a Suitable Package Name
The package name of your app or game uniquely identifies it on user’s devices and in the Play Store. You can never change the package name of your app, otherwise it will be treated as a brand new app and existing users won’t receive updates.
Internet domain ownership is used as the basis for good package naming (but in reverse). So an application published by Google would use the name com.google. It’s important when naming your package to avoid using com.example, there are more unique package names than this. Google play console all basic details
Turn Off Logging and Debugging
It’s important when publishing to turn off logging and debugging so your app or game can’t be introspected. Introspection is when someone examines the structure and other details of an object and its class at runtime.
Confirm Your App or Game Size
There is a 100MB size limit for APK’s when publishing on Google Play. If your app or game exceeds this limit, you can always take advantage of APK Expansion Files. However, unless your app is much larger than the 100MB limit, you might be better off reducing the size of your app to meet the normal size. Google play console all basic details 2022
7. Localization and The Play Store
If you’ve completed all of the steps so far, including the decision of where to launch, you’re ready to localize your app or game. Localizing involves translating everything about your app so it is suitable for international markets.
8. Upload and Test the Play Store Version of Your App
If you’ve completed all of the previous steps, you should be all set to upload your APK to your Google Play Developer Console and start testing. The first thing you should do is follow these basic steps to test your release-ready APK.
Change in Orientation
If you’ve developed an app or game that needs to work in both landscape and portrait view, you need to test it to make sure the screen changes when the orientation of the device changes. So you need to change the orientation of your device a few times and see if the screen is re-drawn correctly. Make sure any custom UI code you’ve used works during reorientation. top 10 Google play console all basic details 2022
9. How to Publish an App with App Store Optimization
Now that you’re app is ready to publish on Google Play, it’s time to optimize your app store page. If you’ve already gotten your icon and promotional materials ready, here are a few more tips to help you get your ASO strategy right.
- Make sure you put your app or game in the correct category.
- Write a good description for your app.
- Engage early users in an effort to gain positive reviews and ratings
- Analyze & tweak the Play store page as you go.
- Here’s the full Felgo guide to App Store Optimization!
10. Final Checks and Publishing
So before you hit publish on your Google Play Developer Console, you should do some final checks. Make sure that:
- Your developer profile has all the correct info and is linked to the correct Google payments merchant account
- You’ve uploaded the correct APK version
- The Play store page is optimized
- You’ve set the correct pricing options
- You’ve set your country targeting and price accordingly
- You’ve listed the correct “compatible devices”
- The correct support email address and website are listed
- Your app or game doesn’t break any Google Play rules
- You’ve acknowledged that your app meets the guidelines for Android content on Google Play and also US export laws.
- You’re now ready for launch!
Launch Successful – How to Publish an App to the Google Play Store!
When you’ve successfully launched an app using this checklist, let us know about it. Make sure to share this checklist with your team and friends as well! Use the Twitter or Facebook buttons below. Thanks for reading!
- Workout – Men and Women Fitness app with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 2. How to Convert website to Android app with Android Studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 3. WhatsApp Status Saver & Cleaner App with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 4. Create Wallpaper app with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 5. How to Create VPN Android App with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 6. How to create Education Book app with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 7. How to create Stylish text Fonts App with Android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 8. How to create Video Saver app with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 9. Create QR Scanner & Bar Code Scanner with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 10. Create MTech eBook Android App with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 11. Create PDF Scanner, OCR app with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]
- 12. How to Create Cam Scanner app with android studio – [ SOLUTION ]