Amazon Aptitude Questions and Answers 2022
The Amazon aptitude test lasts for 30-40 minutes with 20 questions on aptitude, programming, data structures, operating systems, networking and DBMS.
Quantitative aptitude questions
1) a, b, c and d are four numbers in arithmetic progression. The mean of these four numbers is 20. The common difference between the numbers is 5. Find the product of first and last numbers.
Answer: c. 442
Let the four numbers be x, x+y, x+2y and x+3y
The mean of the four numbers = ( x+x+y+x+2y+x+3y) / 4
= (4x+6y) / 4
By substitution of y as 5, the value of x is 13.
Hence the product of first and last numbers is 13*34,
2) A shopkeeper has two items A & B. A was sold at a profit of 25% and B was sold at a loss of 15%. If the cost price of A is 15% more than that of B, what is the overall profit/ loss % to the shopkeeper?
Answer: b. 19.65%
Assume the cost price of item A as x and B as 1.15x
Total cost price = 2.15x
Selling price of A = 1.25x
Selling price of B = 1.332x
Total Selling price = 2.5725x
In comparison of the total cost and selling prices, we understand that the shopkeeper had a profit
Profit = (2.5725x – 2.15x) = 0.4225x
Profit% = (profit / cost price)*100
Profit% = (0.4225 / 2.15) * 100 = 19.65%
Hence profit percentage = 19.65%
3) A set contains all numbers from 1 to 250. If a number is picked at random, what is the probability that it is a multiple of 3?
Answer: a. 83/250
The actual number of multiples of 3 within 250 is 83. Since 3*83 = 249
Hence the probability of picking a number being a multiple of 3 is 83/250
4) What comes next in the series 8, 15, 12, 19, 16, 23?
Answer: b. 20
Firstly the pattern followed in the series is,
To the first number 7 is added and from the second number 3 is subtracted.
Hence the next number in the series is 20.
5) From a point A on the ground, the angle of elevation of a tower is 45˚. A ship moving at 20 m/sec started moving from point A to point B in 45 seconds. The angle of elevation from point B is 60˚. Find the height of the tower.
b.1350√3 + 450
d.None of the above
Answer : a. 1350 +450√3
Consider the height of the tower to be h meters
From the measure of the figure,
AC = 900 + BC ( distance = speed * time )
When the angle of elevation of the tower = 45˚
(h/900 + BC) = tan 45 ˚
(h/ BC) = tan 60 ˚
Solving for h and BC, we get
h = 1350 + 450√3
Logical reasoning questions
6) Today is Sunday. I will be attending an interview 4 days after the day before yesterday. On which day will I be attending the interview?
Answer : a. Tuesday
If today is Sunday, then the day before yesterday is Friday.
Hence, four days after Friday will be Tuesday.
7) How many pencils are in the box?
A. If I subtract four from the total number of pencils, I get a prime number
B. The total number of pencils is a multiple of 3
a.The question can be answered either of the statements alone
b.The question can be answered by statement A alone but not by statement B alone.
c.The question can be answered by statement B alone but not by statement A alone.
d.The question can be answered only by considering both the statements together.
e.The question cannot be answered even after combining both the statements together.
Answer: e. The question cannot be answered even after combining both the statements together
Consider statement A,
The total number of pencils in the box can be 6, 7, 9, 11 and so on. Hence the question cannot be answered by using statement A alone.
Consider statement B,
The total number of pencils in the box can be 3, 6, 9 and so on. The question cannot be answered using statement b alone.
Even after combining both the statements, the total number of pencils can be either 9, 15 , 21 and so on. Hence the correct option is e.
8) Pointing to a photograph, Kiran said, “He is the only son of my grandfather’s sister.” How is the man in the photograph related to Kiran?
The man in the photograph pointed is Kiran’s uncle.
9) There are three boxes in which box 1 contains cheese, box 2 contains butter and box 3 contains cheese & butter. Contents of all the three boxes are incorrectly placed. By opening just one bag, you will be able to guess the contents of the other three bags. How many such possibilities exist?
c.More than 2
d.None of the above
Answer: a. 2
|Contents||Cheese||Butter||Cheese and butter|
|Possibility 1||Cheese and butter||Cheese||Butter|
|Possibility 2||Butter||Cheese and butter||Cheese|
2 such possibilities exist from the above table.
10) bdf, hk, moq,?
c.S V Y
Answer: b. S V
|2 4 6||8 11||13 15 17||19 22|
Hence, the next term in the series would be SV.
Verbal reasoning questions
11) The easiest way for prevent stress caused by work or home pressures is to indulge in high levels of physical activity
a.easily way to
b.easier ways for
c.easiest way to
d.easier way from
e.no correction required
Answer: c. easiest way to
12) For all sadness, poverty and diseases (1) / in this world (2) / everyone of us (3) / possesses unlimited ways of making a positive difference (4) / no errors (5) ?
Answer: a. 1
13) Excess weight is the result of (1) / unhealthy eating habits (2) / which are inherent risk factors (3) / responsible for many diseases. (4) / no error (5)
Answer: e. No error
14) The therapeutic benefits (1) / at helping others (2) / have long been (3) / recognised by people. (4) / no error (5)
Answer: b. 2
15) Living with compassion and contributing to others lives would helping us add happiness to our lives.
a.will helping us
b.will help us
c.would helped them
d.will helped us
e.No correction required
Answer : b.will help us
Tips to crack Amazon aptitude test
- Practice previous year’s Amazon placement papers and assess them by yourself. Further work on areas that need improvement.
- Time management is very crucial while taking up the aptitude test. Focus on this skill.
- When it comes to answering multiple-choice questions, be cautious, and check your choice of answer twice.
- Avoid solving sequential questions. Try attempting the easy questions first and then move on to the difficult ones.
- The Aptitude test is likely to have negative marking. So, be sure of the questions you attempt.
- Visit Amazon interview questions to learn more about the frequently asked questions in Amazon interview.
- घर बैठे ऑनलाइन करें हर महीने 60,000 रुपये तक कमायें 2022
- Top 5 Affiliate Marketing Program In India 2022
- Wishing Website क्या है और इससे पैसे कैसे कमाये? 2022
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- MS Word 2010 Download
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 Free Download
- Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Office 2016 Pro Plus Free Download in 2022
- Adobe XD CC 2021 Free Download
- Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 Free Setup Download
- Unity 3D Pro Free Download in 2022
- TeamViewer Crack Version Download In Free 2022
- Digital Image Processing Multiple choice Questions unit wise 2021 AKTU
- How to Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- How to Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Airlines Reservation System Java Project with Source Code
- All Unit MCQ’s of Data Compression AKTU Exam 2021
- HOW TO FIXED PROBLEM: Windows Update service missing (not listed) in