Top 35 Amazon Interview Questions (Example Answers Included)
Top 3 Amazon Interview Questions
Alright, let’s take stock. Right now, you have a winning strategy for answering Amazon interview questions. That’s a great foundation.
But, having clear examples can also help. It lets you review questions you may face and see how to put the tips above to work. We aren’t going to leave you hanging.
Here are the top 3 Amazon interview questions you could encounter when meeting with the hiring manager, along with tips for answering them.
1. Can you describe your most difficult customer and how you were able to handle their needs?
Amazon rose to greatness partially because of its commitment to customer service. It made the shopping experience better, even when something didn’t go right.
If the job is even remotely customer-facing, you should be ready for this question. Dealing with a disgruntled customer isn’t easy, and Amazon wants to know that you’re up to the challenge.
“In my previous role, a customer was upset that a product they ordered was put on backorder unexpectedly after they made their purchase. They needed a functional version of the item as quickly as possible, and the possibility that that wouldn’t happen increased their stress levels, leaving them just shy of hostile. To resolve their issue, I began by listening to their concern, rephrasing what was being shared, and asking clarifying questions to ensure my full understanding. I then reassured them that I’d work with them to find a solution. Together, we discussed alternative products that were in stock that could meet their needs. As soon as a substitute was identified, we canceled the old order and initiated the new one. I applied a free shipping upgrade to expedite delivery, ensuring it would arrive before the customer’s deadline. In the end, they were fully satisfied with the solution.”
2. Can you tell me about a time when you were more than halfway through a project and had to pivot quickly due to an unexpected change? How did you handle it?
This is a question that could be applicable to nearly any role, though it may be more common in technical positions. Its focus is on ascertaining your level of agility and ability to make course corrections under pressure when priorities change.
“While developing a new system for an employer, a requirement came in late. Since the project was rapidly nearing completion, integrating the feature became a challenge. The point in development where it would have been addressed typically had already passed. To address the new requirement, I first took a step back and reexamined all of the existing work. The goal was to minimize disruption to segments that were complete, and a bit of planning ensured I didn’t use a less-than-ideal approach simply because I was under pressure. After identifying a course of action, I implemented the changes methodically. I relied heavily on testing to ensure there were no unexpected ramifications or that issues could be addressed quickly. By using a strategic approach, I was able to limit the negative implications of a last-minute change, expediting the remainder of the process while ensuring the final result met every need.”
3. If one of your close work colleagues stole a $1 item, what would you do?
Shrinkage is a major concern for Amazon. As a result, many prospective employees – especially those working in Amazon warehouses – are going to face behavioral interview questions that discuss how they’d react to theft.
It’s important to note that the small value of the item in the question is meant to throw candidates off. A dollar may seem meaningless to a retail giant’s bottom line. But, if every person took a $1 item and turned a blind eye to others doing the same, it would add up quickly. As a result, there’s only on “correct” answer. Luckily, it’s fairly short and sweet, so it’s easier to nail.
“Theft, in any amount, is against policy and is illegal, so it needs to be addressed. If I witnessed a colleague stealing, I would report the activity per Amazon corporate procedures.”
32 More Amazon Interview Questions
Here are 32 more Amazon interview questions you may encounter:
- Why Amazon?
- Which leadership principle of Amazon’s do you connect with most?
- Do you know who the Amazon CEO is? How do you pronounce his name?
- Tell me about a time you faced a crisis at work. How did you handle it?
- Describe [Amazon product or service relevant to the role] as you would to a prospective customer.
- Can you tell me about a time you had to make a fast customer service decision without any guidance? How did you decide what to do?
- Tell me about a time that you dealt with a hostile customer.
- When given an unfamiliar task, how do you ensure you handle it properly?
- If you are given two conflicting priorities from two separate managers, how do you figure out how to proceed?
- Give me an example of when you received criticism. How did you respond to the information?
- What metrics do you use to drive positive change?
- If a supervisor asked you to do something unsafe that went against policy, what would you do?
- Tell me about a time when you were handling a project that went outside of your scope of work. How did you handle it?
- Describe a situation where you had to deal with ambiguity when making a decision.
- Can you tell me about a time when you had to make a decision when all of the data you needed was unavailable?
- Tell me about a time when you made a poor customer service decision. What steps did you take to remedy the situation?
- How do you keep yourself / your team / your colleagues motivated?
- What steps do you take to form positive and functional relationships with your colleagues?
- If a team member wasn’t pulling their weight, what would you do?
- What do you do to ensure that the customer experience is always a priority?
- How would you handle it if you discovered that your inventory levels were actually too high?
- Tell me about a time you disagreed with feedback you received. How did you address it?
- How do you handle a missed deadline / productivity target?
- What do you like most about Amazon? What do you like least?
- Describe an instance where you were overwhelmed while on the job. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time when you failed to meet expectations. What did you do to recover?
- How do you ensure that workplace safety is always a priority for you when you work?
- What steps do you take to make sure every customer you speak with is wowed?
- How do you make sure that you fully understand a customer’s needs?
- Tell me about the last time you had to apologize to someone.
- Are you able to handle the physical demands of a warehousing job?
- What qualities do you possess that will help you succeed with Amazon?
- घर बैठे ऑनलाइन करें हर महीने 60,000 रुपये तक कमायें 2022
- Top 5 Affiliate Marketing Program In India 2022
- Wishing Website क्या है और इससे पैसे कैसे कमाये? 2022
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- MS Word 2010 Download
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 Free Download
- Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Office 2016 Pro Plus Free Download in 2022
- Adobe XD CC 2021 Free Download
- Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 Free Setup Download
- Unity 3D Pro Free Download in 2022
- TeamViewer Crack Version Download In Free 2022
- Digital Image Processing Multiple choice Questions unit wise 2021 AKTU
- How to Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- How to Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Airlines Reservation System Java Project with Source Code
- All Unit MCQ’s of Data Compression AKTU Exam 2021
- HOW TO FIXED PROBLEM: Windows Update service missing (not listed) in