Infosys Interview Questions
Infosys is a global IT consulting that provides end-to-end solutions in the domain of Business consulting, Information technology, and Outsourcing services, thereby enabling clients from various industry segments to enhance their business performance. Infosys essentially offers software development, product maintenance, and independent validation services to companies in finance, manufacturing, insurance, and other sectors.
Infosys was established in the year 1981 and was earlier known as Infosys Technologies Ltd. Infosys was founded in Pune by N. R. Narayana Murthy and a team of 6 other engineers. The company was started with an initial capital investment of just US$250. Infosys is now headquartered in Bangalore, India.
Infosys helps clients in 50+ countries to create and execute different strategies for their digital transformation journey. In addition to helping the clients enhance their overall business performance, Infosys also drive their transformation to a smarter organization as well. This allows their clients to focus on the core business priorities.
Infosys expertise spans various industries. From helping to build more fuel-efficient smart cars and developing lighter & stronger passenger jets, to enable the banks to offer financial inclusion to the most remote parts of the globe and help technology professionals with solutions to maximize their global reach – Infosys delivers very powerfully, innovative products & services. Through this rigorous process, Infosys change the way the world works and lives.
At Infosys, it’s more than just innovation that wins the confidence of its stakeholders. They believe their responsibilities extend beyond the boundaries of business. The Infosys Foundation helps some of the most depressed sectors of the communities in which they work under the cause of corporate social responsibility.
In this article
Infosys Recruitment Process
Generally, to apply for Infosys company, you need to be eligible in terms of their academic criteria. A minimum of 60% marks is a must in Class 10, Class 12, and graduation.
The eligible candidates should then go through three rounds of the recruitment process of Infosys that includes:
- Online Assessment Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
For experienced candidates also, the recruitment process remains the same. But in the case of some critical roles, you may have to appear for two or more rounds of technical interviews followed by an HR interview.
1) Online Assessment Test:
The online assessment test holds three sections with time limits and cutoffs set for each. Three sections in the online assessment test include:
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: This section contains questions of easy to a moderate level related to topics like data sufficiency, data interpretation, visual reasoning, statement reasoning, syllogism, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section constitutes questions on time, permutation and combination, speed and distance, number series, analytical puzzles, formulae, algebra, probability, etc. and the difficulty level of questions are from moderate to high.
- Verbal Ability: In this round, you can expect synonyms, antonyms, fill-in-the-blanks, paragraph completion, sentence correction, vocabulary, etc.
The number of questions and time allocated for the above sections here in this round may vary as per the interviews.
2) Technical Interview:
If you qualify for the online assessment test, then you will be called for a Technical interview. Here in this round, the candidates are usually asked questions based on their Resume and their area of interest. You are expected to have some sound knowledge in at least one programming language, computer fundamentals like operating systems, data structures, and algorithms, and awareness of the latest emerging technologies are some aspects that could help you get a good score in this round. You have to select and prepare for an area of interest closely related to the role. Sometimes in this round, your problem-solving skills will also be judged, which may include puzzles and aptitude questions. Also, be ready to answer the questions revolving around your projects/internships and the role you played in them.
3) HR Interview:
You will be called for the HR interview round if you clear the technical interview. The objective here is essentially to assess whether you are the best fit for the company. The scope of questioning here is wide, ranging from your background, education, to your hobbies, and even about your view of life! You have to prepare for some Infosys company-related questions. Also, be ready to face any questions intended to assess your sincerity in applying for the job.
Infosys Technical Interview Questions
1. Explain four major OOP concepts in Java.
Four major concepts related to object-oriented programmings are:
- Data encapsulation: It refers to combining both data and methods into a single unit called a class. Data encapsulation helps in hiding the data from an external world.
- Data abstraction: Representation of essential features excluding their background details is known as data abstraction.
- Inheritance: Deriving existing class properties into a new class is called inheritance. A newly derived class is called the subclass(child class) and the existing class(parent class) is called the base class. It is helpful for the re-usability of code.
- Polymorphism: Polymorphism means the ability of an object to take multiple forms. In java, compile-time polymorphism is achieved with the help of method overloading, and run-time polymorphism is achieved with the help of method overriding.
2. Can we implement multiple inheritances in Java?
Java does not directly support multiple inheritances. But we can achieve multiple inheritances with the help of an interface. It is possible to implement multiple interfaces into our program.
3. How method overloading is different from method overriding?
Method overloading means methods are having the same name, but they differ either in the number of arguments or in the type of arguments. It is done during compile time, so it is known as compile-time polymorphism.
Method overriding means the ability to define subclass and super-class methods with the same name as well as the same method signatures, here the subclass method will override the super-class method. It is performed during run time, so it is known as run-time polymorphism.
4. Distinguish between classes and interfaces in Java.
|A class is a blueprint for the creation of objects with the same configuration for properties and methods
|An interface is a collection of properties and methods that helps to describe an object, but it does not provide implementation or initialization for them
|A class will have abstract or concrete methods
|Interface will have abstract methods only. From Java 8 onwards, it supports static as well as default methods
|Does not support multiple inheritance.
|Multiple Inheritance is supported
|An interface can be implemented by a class
|Interface cannot be implemented by another interface, but it is possible to extend an interface
|Using extends keyword, a class can be inherited from another class
|Interface cannot inherit a class, but it can inherit an interface
|It can have all types of members(public, private or, others)
|Members are public by default, but you can use other access specifiers also for the interface members
5. What are DDL and DML commands in SQL?
- DDL refers to Data Definition Language. DDL commands are used to define database schema i.e., to create and modify the database object structure in the database. Examples are CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE, etc.
- DML refers to Data Manipulation Language. DML commands are used to manipulate the data within the database. Examples are: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.
6. Differentiate between TRUNCATE and DELETE commands in SQL.
|It is used to remove all records from a database table
|It is used to delete specified records(one or more) from a database table
|It is a Data Definition Language(DDL) command
|It is a Data Manipulation Language(DML) command
|Faster than DELETE command
|Slower compared to TRUNCATE command
|Cannot be applied for indexed views as it works only on tables
|Can be applied for indexed views
7. Why indexing in SQL is useful ?
A SQL index is a quick lookup table that helps to find records that are frequently searched by a user. An index is fast, small, and optimized for quick look-ups. It is useful for establishing a connection between the relational tables, searching large tables, and fast retrieval of data from a database.
8. Differentiate between DDL and DML commands in SQL.
|DDL(Data Definition Language)
|DML(Data Manipulation Language)
|DDL is used to define database schema and also to define some constraints
|DML is used to manipulate the data within the database
|Does not have further classification
|Classified into procedural and non-procedural DML
|DDL statements do not use WHERE clause
|DML statements use WHERE clause
|Examples for DDL statements are CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE, COMMENT, and RENAME
|Examples for DML statements are INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE
9. What is the left outer join and the right outer join in SQL?
- Left outer join: It returns an entire set of records from the left table along with the matched records from the right table.
- Right outer join: It returns an entire set of records from the right table along with the matched records from the left table.
10. What is stored procedure?
A stored procedure is a logical unit for a group of statements and is available for the applications that access an RDBMS(Relational Database Management System). These are stored in the database data dictionary. It can be used for data validation or access-control mechanisms.
11. Explain pointers in C++.
A variable that holds the address of another variable of the same data type can be called a pointer. Pointers can be created for any data type or user-defined datatypes like class, structure, etc. It allows variable passing by references using the address. For example:
int x = 25;
int *ptr = &x;
cout << ptr;
ptr will store the address of
x. That means the address of
x is the
*ptr, we can obtain the value stored in the address referenced by ptr(i.e., 25).
*ptr is known as dereference operator.
Uses of pointers:
- To point a variable present inside the memory.
- To store addresses of dynamically allocated memory blocks.
12. What is meant by a null pointer?
- The pointer that does not point to any memory location is called the null pointer. It implies the pointer is empty and it is not pointing to anywhere within the memory.
- Null pointers can be used for initializing the memory location address with the pointer of the same data type.
int *pointer= (int*)NULL;
13. What is SDLC(Software Development Life Cycle)?
SDLC is an end-to-end process that defines the software development flow starting from the requirements stage to the maintenance and support stage. The SDLC stages are requirements analysis, planning, definition, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and support.
14. What are the disadvantages of the Waterfall model?
- Working software is produced only at the end of the life cycle
- Not suitable for complex as well as object-oriented projects.
- Difficult to measure progress within each stage
- Not recommended for the projects where requirements are frequent that may lead to a high risk of changing. So, this model is having a high amount of risk and uncertainty.
- It is difficult to identify any business or technological bottleneck or challenges early because integration is done at the end.
15. Explain about Agile model.
- Agile is a software development model that has an iterative approach for software development that helps teams to deliver value to their customers faster, with greater quality, with lesser errors, greater ability to respond to change.
- An agile team delivers a product in small increments instead of a “big bang” launch. Requirements, plans, and result evaluation is continuously done, so teams have a natural mechanism for a quick response to change.
- Scrum and Kanban are the most frequently used Agile methodologies.
16. What is DLL and EXE file extension?
- EXE file extension is used for executable files, it recognizes the file as a program. It runs independently. An EXE creates separate memory and process space for it.
- DLL stands for a dynamic link library that has functions and procedures used by other applications. This DLL can be reused by multiple applications. It will share the same memory and process space of the calling application.
17. What is a frame in HTML?
- HTML Frames are useful for dividing browser windows into many parts where each section is able to load an HTML document separately. A frame collection in the browser window is called a frameset.
- It permits authors to present HTML documents in multiple views, which might be subwindows or independent windows. Multiple views provide help to keep specific information visible, while other views are replaced or scrollable.
18. Differentiate between white box and black box testing.
|White box testing
|Black box testing
|The tester will have complete knowledge about the internal working of the application.
|It is not necessary to know the internal working of the application.
|It is done by developers and testers(QA).
|It is done by the end-user and also by developers and testers.
|It is more time-consuming and exhaustive.
|It is less time-consuming and exhaustive.
|Here, a tester will design test data and test cases.
|Testing is done based on an external or end-user perspective.
|White box testing is also called an open box, glass, structural testing, clear box, or code-based testing.
|Black box testing is also called closed box, functional, data-driven testing.
19. Explain different levels of programming languages.
The various programming language levels are given below:
- Low-level Language: Language which is directly understood by the machine is known as the low-level language (binary language or machine language). It is difficult for a human being to directly read and do coding in this language.
- Assembly level language: This language will make use of mnemonics, which minimizes the program complexity. It is quite similar to the computer understandable machine code, but it uses words in place of numbers.
- Middle-level Language: It interacts with the abstraction layer of a computer and binds the gap between high-level and machine-level language. For example, programming languages like C and C++.
- High-level language: This is the highest level of the programming language in the technology, which has strong abstraction from the computer hardware details. That means this kind of programming language does not require hardware knowledge about computers. This programming language is simple to learn by human beings as it is in the human-understandable form. For example, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, etc.
20. Write a C++ program to check whether a number is palindrome or not.
/* A palindrome number is a number that remains same after reversing the digits. */
int num, n, rem, rev=0;
cout<<"Enter a number:";
n=num; //Used for comparision after reversal of a number
/* In this block, we retrieve each digit from a given number and will get the reversed number at the end stored at rev variable. */
if(n==rev) //Comparing given number with reversed number
cout<<n<<" is a palindrome.";
cout<<n<<" is not a palindrome.";
We hope that you found this article very informative and useful for your preparations for the Infosys interview process. Now prepare yourself for every question thoroughly as this is going to upgrade your understanding of the Infosys recruitment process. In addition, you can also take imagination from these questions as to what type of questions are being asked in the Infosys interview process and how effectively your responses should be put across to the interviewer.
The Infosys interview will usually have a varied set of questions, however, the above questions will definitely touch every such aspect. In order to get a better hold on the Infosys interview questions, please spend your time learning deeper about concepts that are relevant to the job role.
If a particular candidate is not been selected, then Infosys does not allow him/her to re-apply for the next six months, hence give it your best shot so as to pursue your dream career in Infosys. Remember, while no one can predict the questions that are going to be asked by the interviewer, preparation becomes the key element to succeed in the Infosys placement process. To be precise, the interview process at Infosys is not very difficult; so you should be able to grab the opportunity with heavy preparations and a little bit of luck.
Infosys Interview Preparation
Interview Preparation Tips
Infosys is a dream company for many people in the country, therefore the competition faced will be really tough. It is wise to get well prepared for the placement process of Infosys. Following are the few tips that you can keep in mind while preparing for Infosys Interview:
1) Online Assessment Test: Infosys aptitude questions are usually similar to the CAT exams but with lower difficulty levels. Practicing Speed and accuracy is vital here in this round. Several mock tests are available in different online channels, which you can check out and practice regularly. You need to pass this online test to be called for the interview.
2) Technical Interview: As to present yourself best in the technical interview, you have to prepare well in advance. You can clear this round if you have good technical knowledge and skills. Your confidence level is also important in this round, which will only develop if you are well prepared in every required aspect. Listen carefully to the interviewer. Here answers to the questions should be clear and precise. Don’t try to beat around the bush. You should give importance to your body language and appearance. Attend this interview in good attire and try to be well-groomed. Never boast about yourself or be over-smart in front of the judging panel. If you are not knowing the answer, humbly admit it to the interviewer.
3) HR Round: The HR interviewer will be generally quite friendly, so there’s no need for you to get anxious. Be cool while answering questions asked in the HR round, because they are not going to check your technical skill. HR round will not sound difficult if you have good communication skills. Candidates have to come prepared with answers for questions like self-introduction, strengths, and weaknesses, etc. Also, learn some important details about the Infosys company. The interviewer usually doesn’t comment on your performance but informs you about your selection later. It could definitely take several days before you receive an offer letter, so try to be patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. what is the salary for freshers in Infosys?
Infosys usually offers competitive salaries for freshers. The salary for freshers at Infosys can range from Rs.2 Lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs per annum. Typically, the average fresher’s salary in Infosys is Rs 3.2 Lakhs per annum as per the details furnished in Ambitionbox.
2. Does Infosys require a degree?
It is actually very common in India to have a basic Degree to get any kind of decent job. Especially in the IT sector, candidates are required to possess computer science or any of the relevant graduation degrees, so is the case with Infosys.
But, now the time has changed and plenty of developments are happening in the IT sector. In a recent announcement, Infosys has mentioned that it will also hire candidates who are not having a degree certificate. But, they should hold a relevant career certification specified by Infosys.
3. How should I prepare for Infosys technical interview?
For the technical interview, Infosys expects you to have a stronghold in the following topics. If you prepare on these aspects with the best of your efforts, then surely you can crack the interview easily.
- The majority of the questions will be asked on programming languages like C, C++, or Java. Here the questions can be asked directly from syntax, so you need to be sure that you are choosing the correct programming language. The questions can be asked from computer fundamentals like OOPs, Operating systems, etc. You will also be given to write a program, wherein mainly your syntax and the logic that has been used will be checked.
- One more aspect is Data Structure and Algorithms, in which you need to have a basic understanding of Data Structure concepts like a stack, linked list, queue, etc. Here only basic concepts will be asked, so need not worry about some high-end aspects like Trees, Graphs, etc.
- It is expected that you need to have good command over the concepts on database concepts like SQL, MongoDB, etc. Here the questions can be asked from basic relational database concepts as well from SQL syntax.
4. Is Infosys Interview easy?
The difficulty level of Infosys interview is moderate. If you have good technical and communication skills, then you can easily crack all the rounds without any difficulties. If you prepare properly for the Infosys interview, you can answer any difficult questions from the interviewer.
5. Why should we hire you in Infosys?
The above question can be answered by you in this way- “This is a wonderful opportunity for me to get interviewed at such a renowned company. Infosys will definitely prove to be an exceptional platform for me to establish my skills and knowledge in the corporate world. Even though I’m a fresher, I can firmly assure you that I will give my best and work to my fullest potential, so that I can contribute efficiently towards the growth and success of this great brand.”
6. How is the work culture in Infosys?
Infosys always follows a very open-minded work culture. They follow a minimal hierarchy and people are unafraid to share any new ideas. Infoscions enjoy a friendly work environment within which they need to perform their duties. Infosys essentially strive to create a workplace where the politics is kept down to a minimum level and the employees enjoy a transparent work culture.
Infosys firmly believes that people are their core assets and they continuously work towards motivating their employees, by providing a work environment where the employees feel comfortable and secure. Infosys ensures a good work-life balance exists at all times. They have a bunch of recreational facilities on campus, which are at par with global standards. Their employee management practices set them apart from other IT companies, enabling their employees to excel and innovate in their work.
7. How is Infosys interview for experienced?
The experienced interview process will normally have two rounds of interviews at Infosys – a Technical round and an HR round. But in the case of critical roles, you may have to face two or more rounds of technical interviews followed by an HR interview. The questions asked for experienced candidates will be a little tough compared to the freshers. But if you prepare well for these rounds, the interview would definitely go easy.
8. Why do you want to join Infosys?
This question can be answered by you in the following way- “Infosys is a good company to start anyone’s career, and it is also recognized as a great place to work. Apart from the opportunity of working in India’s leading tech company, a job at Infosys comes with a world-class training program, good value system, great infrastructure and facilities, robust HR policies, attractive benefits, and a friendly work environment. So these are the main reasons that I want to join Infosys.”
9. What is special about Infosys?
Unlike some of the other big giants in the IT sector, Infosys is totally an Indian-based company. Infosys has a world-class campus infrastructure and training program for its employees, which cannot even match some of the biggest MNCs. Mainly, Infosys has the best employee caring policies imbibed in their workplace. Infosys’ original team was known for good values which they insisted on in their company culture.
10. How many rounds are there in Infosys placement?
There will be normally three rounds of interview in Infosys placement that includes:
- Online Assessment Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
The recruitment process remains the same for experienced candidates also. But in the case of some critical roles, you may have to go through two rounds of technical interview followed by an HR interview.
11. What is InfyTQ certification?
InfyTQ Certification is an Infosys-initiated platform for job aspirants through which you have the opportunity to get a job in Infosys as well as be certified as “Infosys Certified Software Programmer” from Infosys. InfyTQ is not only dedicated to passed-out students but also to the students who are pursuing final year are permitted to appear for this exam. This certification is meant for the candidates who have passed various courses like BE, B.Tech., ME, M.Tech., MCA, MSc, MCM. InfyTQ Certification Program consists of a simple exam to test the knowledge in Programming and Databases.
12. How do I qualify for InfyTQ?
The Applicants should have below educational eligibility for the InfyTQ Certification program.
- All streams of Graduation / Post Graduation – BE, B.Tech., ME, M.Tech., MSc, MCA, and MCM.
- No backlog subjects.
- Minimum 60% of marks throughout the academic career.
The candidates whose score is above 65% marks in the InfyTQ exam will be considered as eligible for the post of Software Engineer and will be called for the job interview in Infosys.
13. What additional benefits the employees can avail themselves at Infosys?
The various additional benefits given by Infosys include health care, in-campus entertainment, life, and medical insurance, paid leaves, and soft perks like access to campus facilities such as the gymnasium. So the benefits of working at Infosys go beyond the salaries. In addition to the brand name, Infosys offers a challenging and open work environment, wherein a fresher can expect excellent career growth backed by world-class training.
14. What qualifications and personal skills does Infosys normally look for in freshers?
While recruiting freshers, Infosys looks for a high degree of learnability in the candidates they hire. Learnability can be usually defined as the ability to obtain generic knowledge from specific experiences and apply them to new situations. Infosys also significantly focuses on professional competence and academic excellence. Some of the attributes and competencies that Infosys look for in potential candidates, especially at the entry-level, are analytical ability, communication skills, teamwork, leadership skills, and the ability to innovate.
- घर बैठे ऑनलाइन करें हर महीने 60,000 रुपये तक कमायें 2022
- Top 5 Affiliate Marketing Program In India 2022
- Wishing Website क्या है और इससे पैसे कैसे कमाये? 2022
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- MS Word 2010 Download
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 Free Download
- Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Office 2016 Pro Plus Free Download in 2022
- Adobe XD CC 2021 Free Download
- Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 Free Setup Download
- Unity 3D Pro Free Download in 2022
- TeamViewer Crack Version Download In Free 2022
- Digital Image Processing Multiple choice Questions unit wise 2021 AKTU
- How to Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- How to Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Airlines Reservation System Java Project with Source Code
- All Unit MCQ’s of Data Compression AKTU Exam 2021
- HOW TO FIXED PROBLEM: Windows Update service missing (not listed) in